One Man’s Story is casting!
We’re looking for an array of talented performers to join us for this unique musical production, directed by the award-winning Jen Heyes and performed at the magnificent Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on 7 September.
There are a vide variety of roles available, including the lead role as ‘Bongo’ Eddie Folk. All auditionees must be at least 18-years-old, and we welcome enquiries from experienced performers as well as emerging artists.
Whether it be acting, dancing, singing, or instrument-playing, we’d love for you to show off your talents to us at our upcoming audition day on 22 June at Performers Studios, 22 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BY. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot, and be sure to include the following information:
- Your name, age, email address and other contact details, e.g. home address, tel. no.
- Copy of your CV and/or Portfolio
- Show reel (if you have one)
- Role/s you wish to audition for, e.g. cast name/s below
- Also include if you play an instrument or have any other talents/ skills
Any actors auditioning for the role of ‘Bongo’ Eddie Folk should meet the following criteria:
- Capable of portraying a convincing, or authentic, New York accent.
- Able to portray a confident personality with a brash, unapologetic attitude.
- Black male, with a playing age of between 30 and 45.
In addition, we are looking for eight versatile musical theatre actors, four female, and four male. During the audition, you will be required to:
- Perform a 1-minute freestyle dance showcasing your style and ability
- Recite a scene from the script
- Participate in a group dance audition
- Participate in a practical drama workshop